Jai Juice is excited to provide cold-pressed juice and salads for the Earth Day Celebration at Littler River Wetlands Project on April 24, 2016. The juice bar will be bringing cold-pressed juices and salads during the event.
Earth Day Fort Wayne at Eagle Marsh (Sunday, April 24, 1 to 5PM) is a free, family-friendly event with something for everyone--from a decorated rain barrel contest to booths featuring conservation tips, wetland/nature presentations, a drawing for special prizes, and more. Presenting sponsors include AEP/Indiana Michigan Power, Aqua Indiana, General Motors, and NIPSCO, with further support from a Wells Fargo Environmental Solutions for Communities grant through the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
“Last year this event attracted more than 2,200 participants, and we expect more this April,” says Amy Silva, LRWP’s executive director. Earth Day Fort Wayne will be held at LRWP’s Eagle Marsh preserve, 6801 Engle Road, Fort Wayne.
Many of the day’s presentations and activities will focus on conservation, including environmentally-friendly landscaping. Attendees can vote for the most attractive rain barrel (donated by Aqua Indiana and Craft Laboratories, then decorated by a school or Scout group) and bid on the barrels for their own yards, with the proceeds supporting LRWP. To help pollinators such as butterflies, native plants will be available for purchase and guests will be invited to plant native plants at the preserve.
The event will also feature:
- Booths at which event sponsors provide conservation tips and giveaways
- Booths of local environmental groups offering information about their work on behalf of nature and conservation
- Demonstrations of native raptors (owls, hawks) by Soarin’ Hawk Raptor Rehab
- Presentations by experts on a variety of nature topics
- Free colorful Earth Day Fort Wayne T-shirts given to the first 200 attendees
- Interactive wetland/nature education stations offering learning for all ages
- Many special activities for children
- A farmers market and food vendors
More information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-478-2515.